Friday, October 3, 2008

My Grandpa Zobrist



My Grandpa Zobrist passed away early yesterday morning. He was 88 years old. Grandpa lived a good, full life and will be missed by many. He has 6 children, 34 grandchildren, over 100 great-grandchildren, and great-great grandchildren. A couple of my cousins, Larae and Melanie have written some beautiful tributes to Grandpa. They are older, wiser, and have a better memory than I do.
To me Grandpa was just who he was, no excuses. Sometimes when you went to visit you had to wait for him to get his pants on. Often times he didn't have a shirt on. I was so glad to find I had a picture of him with his shirt on, but I do remember him putting it on right before we took pictures. He was often watching T.V. in the other room when we were there and just when you thought he wasn't listening he would hollar in some comment from the other room. He always said things just how they were. I loved riding in style in the back of the Lincoln Towncar and listening to a few of the choice words he had for other drivers. He cracked me up! I also loved being in the temple with him because you never saw a sweeter guy than Grandpa in the temple. One other random thing I loved about Grandpa is how much he loved T.V. and how he recorded cartoons and mailed them to us. I will sure miss visiting him in Las Vegas and having him tell me good-bye before I'm quite ready to leave. Good-bye to you for now Grandpa! I look forward to the time when we will all be together again.

1 comment:

LaRae said...

So - I think this is the first time I've been referred to as "older and wiser". Oh the joys of getting "old"!