Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our July 4th Celebration

We started our 4th of July Celebration at the parade in Mt. Pleasant. It is a fun, small town parade where they throw lots of candy. The kids love it!
Jonah, hot and not sure what to think. The noise didn't seem to bother him, but when he got hit with some water he bawled his head off.


Brynna & her cousin, Stella enjoying the parade.

Joshua & Garrett, they are just about too cool to be at a parade.

Maleah & Brynna, with Brighton in the background.


Next we had a picnic and went swimming at the pool in Fairview. It is at the bottom of the mountain from my parent's cabin.



Maleah enjoyed jumping off the diving board.

Jonah had to enjoy the kiddie pool, which is where all the kids with swim diapers had to swim. Jonah was a little timid at first, but then he got into it. On the video you can see him face planting right into the pool. There was an older guy watching and laughing his head off. He said, "That kid is going to be a football player. He is fearless!" If he only knew, he cries in the carwash.



There were other kids in the pool, but I think Jonah ran them all off with his splashing.

After swimming we went to the cabin for a BBQ, four-wheeler rides and a sleep-over.

Here is Don doing what he does best, anytime, anywhere.

He did wake up long enough to take the kids four-wheeling.

Jonah couldn't be happier than on the four-wheeler with his dad.

Maleah and Brynna are pretty happy also.

After a somewhat restless sleepover at the cabin this is what I woke up to

I got up as fast as I could, packed up and went home. Love ya, scary little Sis!







3 comments:

Kristy said...

Thanks for finally sharing!! I am glad you didn't catch me with the camera!

averett's said...

You are the meanest sister alive! I am never going to speak to you again for posting this awful picture! I can't believe you would do this to me! Don't ever call me again!

averett's said...

He He Just kidding! I just didn't want to disappoint Dan! You know how he loves drama between us!:) I actually love that picture! You are a great photographer! Could I maybe get a copy of this picture to blow up and hang in the entry way of my house!?! I think it would look beautiful!