Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Joshua's 11th Birthday

When Joshua figured out his birthday this year was on Sunday he said, "I don't have to go to church on my birthday, right?" Too which, we smiled and said "Nice try." By the time his birthday rolled around he miraculously had a new attitude.
When we talked about what he wanted for breakfast and the fact that Don and I would be fasting he announced he would also fast. He has never fasted so we were very surprised. He woke up that morning got all ready for church and fasted with Don and I. He did great at church and even waited until after church to say a pray and break his fast before eating a twinkie. Don and I were very proud of him.
We came straight home from church to open his presents. He got some stuff for his bike and a PS2 with some games. He knew he was getting it since it was what he wanted and shopped for on eBay, but the mail lady actually brought it when he wasn't home and since he checked the mail everyday he thought it hadn't come. I had to threaten Don to not tell him. Joshua was pleasantly surprised since he thought he was going to have to wait until Monday.


We had family over for a BBQ and cake and ice cream.


Make a wish, Josh!


Brynna enjoying the party.
Jonah, enjoying his cake.

Jonah loves food. The kids love to give it to him because when he gets something he likes he says, "yum, yum." I have no idea why. I don't think we even say that, but here he is...

No comments: